Cake, cake, cake, cake. The essential for anyone’s birthday (whether it’s by the ocean or not). Here is a list of the best bakeries in LA to give your BFF not only the gift of a sweet treat, but one she can also score an Instagram out of.
- Vanilla Bake Shop is located in both Santa Monica and Century City. You can choose the size, the buttercream, an inscription, and top it off with complimentary candles!
Order Online: www.vanillabakeshop.com/order/cakes/
- SusieCakes has locations all around California from Southern to Northern. You also have the option to add any writing to the classic vanilla, red velvet, carrot, coconut, chocolate, or the seasonal flavor!
Order Online: www.susiecakes.com/locations
- Sweet Lady Jane’s original flavors and designs will make any birthday girl’s day and gram. Pick up your cake or order online from our WeHo, Santa Monica, Encino or Newport Beach location.
Order Online: www.sweetladyjane.com/category-s/114.htm
- Lauren Lowstan is one of our favorite LA bakers! She makes beautiful custom cakes and treats for any event. Delivery is available in Southern California.
Order Online: email@example.com
Order by Phone: (949) 701-3791
Price: Contact for details
- Momofuku’s Milk Bar cakes can be enjoyed even if you don’t live in New York! Ordering this cake for your friend will make her day (and yours!)
Order Online: https://milkbar.goldbely.com/categories/cakes
- California Donuts are the custom letter donuts you’ve definitely spotted on Instagram before. These are such a fun gift for any occasion! Make sure you order at least a week in advance on their website!
Order Online: www.cadonuts.com/letter-donuts/
Price: 1-6 letters — $20; 7-10 letters — $25; 11-14 letters — $30; 15-21 letters — $35; 22- 27 letters — $40
Written by our lovely intern, Gabby Stieglitz.